McNamara Law Logo

These days you can get insurance for just about anything – your house, car, home contents, health, travel and even for your pets. What if something traumatic ever happened to you? Did you know you can also get trauma insurance?

Trauma insurance can also be known as ‘critical illness’ insurance. Trauma or critical illness insurance is designed to pay you a lump sum of money if you are ever diagnosed with a significant illness or injury.  The illness or injury must be listed within the policy that is taken out. For that reason it is important to review the policy or obtain independent advice as to whether you are covered for the injury or illness that you think you should be covered against.

The most common trauma insurance claims are for cancer/tumour, heart attack (or cardiovascular disease), coronary bypass, and can also include:

If you have an illness or injury that meets the eligibility requirements it is important to lodge the claim early.  You should also ensure you have medical evidence to support any claim.

If you do not have insurance, or have inadequate cover, you should talk to a financial adviser or insurance broker to ensure you have a policy and level of cover that is suitable for you.

For further information or advice on trauma insurance, contact one of our injury lawyers on 1300 285 888.